The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )

This is a discussion on My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus ) within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I wouldn't say I've seen a ton of marms, but that is the darkest one I've ever seen. Very cool....

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2013   #81 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Sawyer has started on the right path
Default Re: My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )

I wouldn't say I've seen a ton of marms, but that is the darkest one I've ever seen. Very cool.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013   #82 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

The juveniles have now been put into a more aquatic set up with my favourite rock. One of them seems to like it too.
Attached Thumbnails
My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )-p1030595.jpg   My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )-p1030602.jpg  

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013   #83 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 53
Comments: 10
Rep: evut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgevut is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I'm sorry to be the first one to say that, but the last picture tells me it's not your rock anymore...

evut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013   #84 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

I however have a cunning plan..it involves lots and lots of yummy worms I will get my rock back.

Old 16th February 2013   #85 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Ive got an image of a really fat newt stuck in the rock with just the head and the two little hands poking out and going "ha, ha, my rock, nom nom nom.....".

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013   #86 (permalink)

Nationality:

What can I say, months of infertile eggs and now this...
Attached Thumbnails
My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )-026.jpg  

Old 28th May 2013   #87 (permalink)

Nationality:

One of the female
Attached Thumbnails
My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )-017.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2013   #88 (permalink)

Nationality:

One of these lovelies was relaxing on his island .
Attached Thumbnails
My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )-003.jpg   My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )-005.jpg  

Old 17th October 2013   #89 (permalink)

Nationality:

A few of this years offspring
Attached Thumbnails
My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )-003.jpg   My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )-009.jpg  

Old 17th October 2013   #90 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: XDragonGrlX is an unknown quantity at this point

These are my all time favorite newts! I sure hope i can aquire some of these guys in the near future! Beautiful!

XDragonGrlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013   #91 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: velasco13000 has started on the right path

any updates on the parents? how are they doing and pictures pleaseeee :)

velasco13000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013   #92 (permalink)

Nationality:

Well, here are three of them for you. One female decided to stay fully aquatic this year, I'll fish her out another time for a photo :)
Attached Thumbnails
My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )-018.jpg   My Newt ( Triturus marmoratus )-020.jpg  

Old 17th November 2013   #93 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 11
Comments: 4
Rep: Stupot1610 has shown reliable knowledgeStupot1610 has shown reliable knowledge

Great looking newts, I'm a real fan of this species and I can see you've done a great job of rearing these. Well done!

Stupot1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2013   #94 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: SkinksGalore77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow this is a great thread. Congrats on successfully breeding them Julie, your 2013 offspring look very good. Do you sell your offspring because I am going to be getting a newt soon and these guys are my favorite kind so im hoping to get 1 or 2 of them in a couple of months. Thanks

SkinksGalore77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marmoratus, newt, triturus

LinkBack