The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Marmoratus or pygmaeus?!

This is a discussion on Marmoratus or pygmaeus?! within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hello everybody, This newts are of one friend of UK, he say that was t. marmoratus, but, for me, they ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th September 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Pedro Oliveira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marmoratus or pygmaeus?!

Hello everybody,

This newts are of one friend of UK, he say that was t. marmoratus, but, for me, they are pygmaeus, what´s your opinion?

All the best

Sorry for my bad english

Click the image to open in full size.

(Note from John: Since you're using an external photo I have moved this out of the advanced section because I am sure it will turn into an empty post eventually)
Pedro Oliveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: Marmoratus our pygmaeus?!

No reason for them not to be marmoratus. In fact i think they are more likely to be marmoratus.
Without location though you might never know.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

Have you contacted the seller to clarify? They look like my little juvenile Triturus marmoratus .
bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:

Hello!

Many tanks.

I said they seemed pygmaeus, because of the pattern, and size.

No, I did not contact anyone, they were sold without certainty what species. Was out either through an intermediary, I think. It's wait and see

All the best.
Old 3rd October 2009   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

Hi

ok, I admit. newts are mine ...

I do not mean, because I knew you all would criticize me, because it is illegal to keep them in captivity in my country, Portugal.

I think the law is really stupid, because who wants to catch the animals endemic to Portugal in the same gathering, because the control is 0. There is only the law ... And I think even though the law exists, since then preserve the water courses, etc.. But I think that this stupid law exists and then destroy the habitats! I think that's very bad.

However, these marmoratus came from England, I have documents that prove it. But I also know that the papers are useless in the eyes of the law.

I also noted that all the animals I have endemic Portugal
are CB!

And it is so. When I can, I put more pictures of them. I thank you for your understanding, and you are free to comment or criticize.

All the best,

Pedro

Tags
marmoratus, pygmaeus