The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Necturus maculosus

This is a discussion on Necturus maculosus within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hi, I am interested in mudpuppies. I want to know everything about breeding them and even if someone knows where ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th December 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 6
Rep: enricolatiano has posted a lot of bad advice/info, or has repeatedly behaved in an unacceptable mannerenricolatiano has posted a lot of bad advice/info, or has repeatedly behaved in an unacceptable manner
Default Necturus maculosus

Hi, I am interested in mudpuppies. I want to know everything about breeding them and even if someone knows where to find them on-line. How large do they become? What do they eat? How long do they live? How large must the aquarium be? And above all what the water temperature should be?...What price are they usually?

Last edited by Mark; 16th December 2009 at 15:48. Reason: Fixed English and made less like a wanted ad.
enricolatiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009   #2 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 3
Rep: Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11
Default Re: Necturus maculosus

The majority of your questions can be answered by the excellent Caudata Culture caresheet for Necturus maculosus.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask them. I'm not sure about availability of Necturus in Europe or the average cost over there but someone may have a better idea.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | Dawn's Blog
Abrahm is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack