The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Newts wont enter water after water change

This is a discussion on Newts wont enter water after water change within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; For once not posting on some total disaster, just a potential one. I'm going away for 3 days and 4 ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 5
Rep: suztor has shown reliable knowledgesuztor has shown reliable knowledge
Default Newts wont enter water after water change

For once not posting on some total disaster, just a potential one.

I'm going away for 3 days and 4 nights and decided to move the newt tank into the garage as it's insulated and at least 5-10 degrees cooler than my oven house with no AC.

I took about 4 gallons out of the already established tank and got rid of the rest of the wate probably another 3 gallons and put everything in the garage. Filled up the tank with some water from the garden hose treated it swirrled it around and put the 4 gallons back in....

put the old filter the old decorations all the plants and such in the water

and floated the CFB newts in their tuppaware for 30 mins and put them in.... now it's been 12 hrs and all 3 are on the dock and avoiding the water..

pH is where they are used to it and the ammonia is between 0-.25 ppm i haven't checked the rites and rates yet though.

The only thing i did different from a basic water change is i used the Garden hose.... Where did i go wrong.

leave tonight and don't have a lot of time to fix it please help ASAP.

I don't want to come back to dead newts.

Old 18th August 2011   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 5
Rep: suztor has shown reliable knowledgesuztor has shown reliable knowledge

I'm actually pretty excited to go 'into the city' because i'll be going to a store that has a HUGE collection of fish and plants and actually know what they are talking about (when it comes to fish and plants)

I'm going to be coming back with a bunch of new stuff! Yay!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

LinkBack