The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Southern Two-lined Salamander Feeding

This is a discussion on Southern Two-lined Salamander Feeding within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hi, I live in Georgia and I found two Southern Two-lined Salamanders(At least I think that's what they are). I ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Bmarion is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Southern Two-lined Salamander Feeding

Hi, I live in Georgia and I found two Southern Two-lined Salamanders(At least I think that's what they are). I went out and bought some "HBH Newt&Salamander Bites" but they wont eat. Can anyone help!?

Bmarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Bmarion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Southern Two-lined Salamander Feeding

Here is one
Attached Thumbnails
Southern Two-lined Salamander Feeding-031312212622.jpg  

Bmarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Rep: nwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgnwmnnaturalist is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Note, you'll want to lose the gravel. It's usually fine to have no substrate at all for most aquatic-stage juveniles. Gravel can be ingested and prove lethal.

http://www.caudata.org/cc/faq/faq.shtml

nwmnnaturalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012   #4 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: froggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgfroggy is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Try earthworms, blackworms, Daphnia, Tubifex. Anything live that will fit in the mouth. Make sure that the tank stays cool.

C

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack