The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Keeping salamander aquarium cool?

This is a discussion on Keeping salamander aquarium cool? within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Its summer, my salamander is in the basement, yet his aquarium is still around 70 degrees at times..... i was ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Bryman is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Keeping salamander aquarium cool?

Its summer, my salamander is in the basement, yet his aquarium is still around 70 degrees at times.....

i was was thinking of ways to keep cooler temps and thought maybe of putting a frozen water bottle in there?

any thoughts on this?
Bryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012   #2 (permalink)
Jan

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Keeping salamander aquarium cool?

That is a reasonably easy method to lower the temperature. Keep a few bottles frozen and switch them out. For smaller enclosures, I've also used ice packs underneath the enclosure.
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote