The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Tiger salamander make sound?

This is a discussion on Tiger salamander make sound? within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hey guys I keep hearing chirping from my tank. Do the tiger salamanders make sounds?...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bellabelloo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th March 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Minnarden has shown reliable knowledge
Default Tiger salamander make sound?

Hey guys I keep hearing chirping from my tank. Do the tiger salamanders make sounds?
Minnarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Tiger salamander make sound?

Mine used to do a sort of squeak if I had startled them. A few of my others do it too.
bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: speckles has shown reliable knowledge

i have only heard my tiger salamander make a noise once, when he was first brought to me from my in laws house they put in 20 crickets and kept them in overnight and i noticed them crawling on him and i heard a noise from the tank so i figured maybe they were attacking him or something so i took them out and switched to a better food for him, worms.
speckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013   #4 (permalink)
Jan

Nationality:
Rep: Jan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Tigers can make a kind of squeak noise that is thought to be produced from air being forced through the nares....not a true vocalization.
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote