The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Interested in an aquatic/semi aquatic animal.

This is a discussion on Interested in an aquatic/semi aquatic animal. within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I have a 20g tank with my lovely stanley in it, so now I have an empty 10g tank. I ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th July 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: emmyk has shown reliable knowledge
Default Interested in an aquatic/semi aquatic animal.

I have a 20g tank with my lovely stanley in it, so now I have an empty 10g tank. I would love a caudate... but if anyone has any other interesting animals they would like to share with me it would be great, I want to take time and learn about the species before getting it. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
emmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013   #2 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: ThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: Interested in an aquatic/semi aquatic animal.

Aquatic:
-Axolotl
-Spanish Ribbed Newt(can be semi aquatic but usually never on land)

SemiAquatic:
-Crocodile Newts
-CB Chinese Firebelly Newts
-CB Japanese firebelly newts
-Warty Newts
-Firebelly Toads

Terrestrial:
- Tiger Salamander
- Marbled Salamander
-Fire Salamander

And if you want a reptile, you could go with a baby leopard or crested gecko
Make sure whatever you get is legal to own in your state
Old 17th July 2013   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: emmyk has shown reliable knowledge

Thank you so much:) my Stanley is an axolotl.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
emmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahhAxolotls View Post
SemiAquatic:
-Crocodile Newts
-CB Chinese Firebelly Newts
-CB Japanese firebelly newts
-Warty Newts
-Firebelly Toads
Of those, only the firebelly toads and some of the crocodile newts are semiaquatic, the rest behave fully aquatic in captivity.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

I know it's not a caudate but what about a clawed frog? They're easy to keep and have bags of personality, they always remind me of axolotls in fast forward!!
Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: JoshBA has given good advice and informationJoshBA has given good advice and informationJoshBA has given good advice and information

What temperature range could you maintane in the tank? This would be one of the most important deciding facters when getting a caudate (most connot tolerate high temperatures).
JoshBA is offline   Reply With Quote