The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New Fire Belly Newts!

This is a discussion on New Fire Belly Newts! within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hello everybody! I'm new to owning newts and I just bought two fire bellies. I'm very VERY nervous I'm not ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th August 2014   #1 (permalink)
Tee
(Tee)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Tee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Fire Belly Newts!

Hello everybody! I'm new to owning newts and I just bought two fire bellies. I'm very VERY nervous I'm not sure if these marks on my fire belly are a fungus starting, skin shedding, or just something else. I just bought them yesterday. Click the image to open in full size.

Please let me know if the picture worked, thank you!

Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: tcbemis has started on the right path

Hi! I'm not seeing a picture, other than where it's supposed to be. Could be my connection? Let's see what others say.
Good luck!

tcbemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014   #3 (permalink)
Tee
(Tee)

Nationality:
Rep: Tee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Fire Belly Newts!

Update: The fire belly with the white spots is not growing fuzz or anything. He has been shedding a lot and is only down to a few white spots on his tail so I'm guessing he's just shedding. Is that normal for him to do in a new tank? He stays underwater most of the time. The other one mostly stays on the land.

Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: New Fire Belly Newts!

It would be best if you could post a picture or two so we can see what kind of newts you have, there are several species that are sometimes called fire bellies. I really hope it's not more newts from the petstore. What happened to the sick paddletail from your last thread?

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire belly newt

LinkBack