The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Please help w/ tank cycling

This is a discussion on Please help w/ tank cycling within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I have been letting my filter run my 30 gallon tank for over a week now, and i got my ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: snowbutton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help w/ tank cycling

I have been letting my filter run my 30 gallon tank for over a week now, and i got my baby axe in it the day before yesterday, but last night i learned that there is a possibility that i could have chlorine in the water. HOW do i remove it now that he is already in the water ???

ALSO how do i remove ammonia and nitrite ???: Will getting live plants help ???

snowbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Canecorsonewt has shown reliable knowledgeCanecorsonewt has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Please help w/ tank cycling

Your fun is about to begin. You need water conditioner like prime or reptisafe. Pluse Api master test kit you will runout of test stripes before your tank cycles. You should remove your axolotl and put him in a container with the water you treat with prim or reptisafe. You probably will need to change your axolotl water daily in the new container. It will take about six weeks to cycle your aquarium with fedder fish or chemicals I would not use chemicals. If you can get a piece of filter from cycled tank its way faster depending on aquarium size and size of used filter you get. Plants should speed up the process. If you have city water you have chlorine if you have a private well you should be safe but still could have heavy metals.

Canecorsonewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: AxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and information
Post Re: Please help w/ tank cycling

Read this thread:

Planning for Future Axolotls: Wanna help me?

Tags
axolotl, axolotl care, axolotl help, axolotl tank cycling, cycling, tank, tank cycling

LinkBack