The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Why my white albino & GFP leucistic gave birth to wild babies?

This is a discussion on Why my white albino & GFP leucistic gave birth to wild babies? within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I was stunningly surprise by the last batch of babies from my only 2 axolotl the white color albino and ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: tipnatee has shown reliable knowledge
Default Why my white albino & GFP leucistic gave birth to wild babies?

I was stunningly surprise by the last batch of babies from my only 2 axolotl
the white color albino and the GFP leucistic , they're both in Melanoid family but Some how manage to gave birth to a bunch of wild color axolotl babies. Earlier this year they already gave birth to just leucistic before they did this last batch ,What just happen????? What went wrong?? It's just seems so impossible for the two to produce a batch of wild with gold ring around the eyes , dark olive tone skin and lightly shimmery gold). I don't get it. Please help .

tipnatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016   #2 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Why my white albino & GFP leucistic gave birth to wild babies?

Genetics is a complicated subject!
If the whole of the last batch were leucistic and the whole of this batch are wilds then it's possible that your male is a mosaic - it's the most logical conclusion.
If you know what the grandparents were we may be able to figure it all out.

Old 4th July 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: tipnatee has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Why my white albino & GFP leucistic gave birth to wild babies?

Mosaic white albino? But there is no mosaic pattern whatsoever on it , I checked all over and over ... It look like this
Attached Thumbnails
Why my white albino & GFP leucistic gave birth to wild babies?-image.jpg  

tipnatee is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack