The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

PLEASE HELP ! my axolotl hasn't been eating the last few days

This is a discussion on PLEASE HELP ! my axolotl hasn't been eating the last few days within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Okay so my golden albino axolotl hasn't seemed interest in food the last few days . i feed him earthworms ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: KaylaNtogepi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLEASE HELP ! my axolotl hasn't been eating the last few days

Okay so my golden albino axolotl hasn't seemed interest in food the last few days . i feed him earthworms i have tried feeding them whole and cut up but he still won't seem to eat them . Im unsure if he just doesn't like them or if they are too squirmy and it freaks him out . I also have aquatic sand as my substrate and every time he bite into something from the ground he ends up spitting it out with a whole bunch of sand could that be why he hasn't been eating ? he is 7 1/2 inches long and people tell me they have fed their 5 in Aries full earthworms . should i try frozen blood worms and if there are any other good alternatives what should i try?

KaylaNtogepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jilldavidson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PLEASE HELP ! my axolotl hasn't been eating the last few days

I have always just fed mine frozen bloodworms. They come in cubes. I also feed them fish that has been frozen and I just cut off small pieces. I always feed them by hand. So as soon as I put my hand in the tank they know it's feeding time. I have also given them baby earth worms after it rains they come out of the grass and I save them! Tonight I tried dehydrated river shrimp that I rehydrated. They ate it but I could tell it wasn't their favorite.

Jilldavidson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axie, axolotl, earthworms, feeding, feeding axies, trouble swallowing

LinkBack