The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Moving my 1 1/2 year Axolotl to a much bigger tank

This is a discussion on Moving my 1 1/2 year Axolotl to a much bigger tank within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hello! Haven't used this site in a very long time and I'm glad I'm back :) So I currently have ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th November 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Roother is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving my 1 1/2 year Axolotl to a much bigger tank

Hello! Haven't used this site in a very long time and I'm glad I'm back :)

So I currently have my axolotl in a 10 gallon tank and am going to move him into a 60 gallon tank and was wondering if that is an okay thing to do?

Was also thinking of getting him either one or two more axolotl friends for company.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Roother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Luca1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving my 1 1/2 year Axolotl to a much bigger tank

Hello and welcome back :)

As long as your new tank is fully cycled before you add him in, I don't see any issues - he'll probably love the extra space!

Adding some axie friends shouldn't be an issue either - I find that all 5 of my axies enjoy hanging out together and they seem quite social. As long as your axies are of a similar size and there are plenty of hiding spaces etc I'm sure they will be ok.

Luca1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack