The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

What's wrong with my axolotl tail

This is a discussion on What's wrong with my axolotl tail within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; It looks like a big chunk gone missing. I do have another axolotl I'm not sure if he chewed his ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st March 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Aaliyahsutton is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation What's wrong with my axolotl tail

It looks like a big chunk gone missing. I do have another axolotl I'm not sure if he chewed his his tail off or if his tail is meant to be like this. They do fight a lot but I don't know why because they're both well fed pls someone answer I'm getting worried xx does it look like it's been chewed off
Attached Thumbnails
What's wrong with my axolotl tail-img_8676.jpg  

Aaliyahsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: debadog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 回复: What's wrong with my axolotl tail

His tank mate probably took a chunk out of his tail. If your axolotls are different sizes (more than an inch difference in length) the smaller one will likely be picked on by the larger one regardless of how much they are fed. if your axolotls are still juveniles they are also more likely to fight as they are aggressive at that stage.

His tail looks fine, just keep an eye on them both and make sure they are well fed, which it sounds like you're already doing. They'll hopefully grow out of it.

debadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axie, axilotls, help and advice, juvaniles

LinkBack