The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Sick/Fridging

This is a discussion on Sick/Fridging within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I have two new juveniles. All has been good until about two weeks ago... One started to float. After reading ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: comealopin2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sick/Fridging

I have two new juveniles. All has been good until about two weeks ago...

One started to float. After reading up on fridging, I left him in for 2 days until he started to look better and he did pass a small amount of substrate. Once he went back in the tank not even a full 24 hrs later and he began to float again.

So back in the fridge he went. Today will mark day three he has been in. He isn't floating anymore and he his pooping less each day (This time with no substrate). He has no appetite even when I try to feed him a small amount of worm.

so my question is, how long should I leave him in the fridge? I was thinking maybe 4-5 days but I haven't found a for sure answer yet.

-I am doing a complete water change in the fridge each day.
-The flow in his tank is slow.
-The levels are good and the other lotl isn't floating.

What else could this be?

Im nervous to put him back in the tank and see him floating a few hours later.

comealopin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floating, fridging, sick

LinkBack