The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Cracked Axolotl Tank

This is a discussion on Cracked Axolotl Tank within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Help! I bought a 29-gallon glass aquarium for my axolotl but when I got it home I found a chip ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LippyNix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Michailar9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cracked Axolotl Tank

Help! I bought a 29-gallon glass aquarium for my axolotl but when I got it home I found a chip in the corner. This was the only 29 gallon in stock and I also live 40 minutes away from the store. Is there any way to fix it? I bought it from Pet Supplies Plus because they price matched Petco's $1 per gallon sale. I filled the tank up halfway and it hasn't leaked.
Attached Thumbnails
Cracked Axolotl Tank-img_1489.jpg   Cracked Axolotl Tank-img_1488.jpg  

Michailar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Cracked Axolotl Tank

I think it might be fine as is but you could reinforce it with silicone glue if it makes you feel better.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: LippyNix has given good advice and informationLippyNix has given good advice and information
Default Re: Cracked Axolotl Tank

That defect is in the seam, and I would not trust it to not give out later. It'll be less of a pain to get a new tank now than to deal with the emergency and clean up the mess if it gives out later.

Tags
aquarium, axolotl, cracked, glass

LinkBack