The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Tank lost its cycle...

This is a discussion on Tank lost its cycle... within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hi guys! My tank somehow uncycled itself so now I'm left with two axolotl's that are in tubs. My oldest ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: axobowie is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Tank lost its cycle...

Hi guys! My tank somehow uncycled itself so now I'm left with two axolotl's that are in tubs. My oldest one, Bowie, hasn't eaten in two days since he's been in the tub. I've tried worms and pellets, but nothing is sparking her interest. Loki, the little one, has eaten pellets and worms since he's been in the tub. I'm doing 100% water changes for them both daily. Loki is all over the tub and Bowie is moving occasionally.

I think Bowie is highly stressed due to the tubbing as well as the ammonia spike that occurred in my tank. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do from here? Who knows how long my tank will take to re-cycle... but I need some help because she's stressed and it's making me stressed.

Please help!

axobowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Eternie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tank lost its cycle...

It takes 6-8 weeks for a filter to complete a cycle. Good luck! I hope your axies pull through!!!

Eternie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help and advice needed, sick axolotl

LinkBack