The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Water Help!!!!

This is a discussion on Water Help!!!! within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hi, I am getting a new axolotl today but my tank water is cloudy. to start cycling the tank I ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th September 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: elsaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Water Help!!!!

Hi,
I am getting a new axolotl today but my tank water is cloudy. to start cycling the tank I put a starter in there and 25% of the water is from another cycled tank and 75% is fresh. My pH keeps increasing overnight and I have to condition the water every morning. I have had my water tested and ammonia is not the problem. I also have feeder fish to cycle the tank (don't worry I am going to take them out when I put the axolotl in). This species of feeder fish are very sensitive to the nitrate cycle so they are usually a good indicator of poor water quality.
The water was cloudy yesterday morning when I woke up. The only thing I can think of is that it is either from the terracotta pots I put in the tank the day before yesterday or a bacterial bloom from using the starer with the cycled water.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

elsaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Eternie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Water Help!!!!

As long as your tank is fully cycled you should be okay.

Eternie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, nitrates, water quality

LinkBack