The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Not cycling a tank

This is a discussion on Not cycling a tank within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Since I already have an account for this forum, a friend asked me to present this to those with experience: ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th September 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Littlej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not cycling a tank

Since I already have an account for this forum, a friend asked me to present this to those with experience: If the situation arises, can an Axolotl be safely kept in a tank with a filter that has not been cycled? I have read up on there being really harmful effects to doing so- however, would it possibly be safe if they kept in plants (Java Fern seems like the best option), and changed a bit of the water multiple times daily?

They're getting into axolotls, and is also raising my own interest in getting one, so some information would be great! Reason is that the situation may be a little time-restricted, not allowing them to go through a proper cycling job.

Littlej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Eternie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not cycling a tank

Never leave an Axolotl in a tank with an uncycled filter,it is WAY too risky, and generally leads to death

Eternie is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack