The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Accident with my Worms oops

This is a discussion on Accident with my Worms oops within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hello! Im a new axi owner but i made a mistake XD I accidently froze my worms. I have pellets ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th September 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Mackiot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accident with my Worms oops

Hello! Im a new axi owner but i made a mistake XD I accidently froze my worms. I have pellets as a back up for situations like this, but she really doesn't eat them all too well, she will snap at one and eat it, but after that she won't react, and they aren't big pellets. Are they still good to feed until I run to the store or should I throw them out and try to coax her to eat the pellets? I dont actually know if they are dead or not yet im still waiting for it to thaw, i can only see one but im guessing its dead and probably the same for the rest. I don't know when I can go to the store next either.

But other than that she seems to be doing fine :) I've had her for about a week now and I love her so much!
Attached Thumbnails
Accident with my Worms oops-20170923_204202.jpg   Accident with my Worms oops-20170922_175406.jpg  

Mackiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Accident with my Worms oops

THey will all be dead when they thaw. ANd stink. Get some more asap. Keep trying the pellets if it will be more than two days.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack