The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl Mixup

This is a discussion on Axolotl Mixup within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hi there!! I recently had a mixup with a breeder that I had purchased from and I ended up receiving ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Lexcece is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Axolotl Mixup

Hi there!! I recently had a mixup with a breeder that I had purchased from and I ended up receiving a different baby than what I had originally picked out and agreed upon with the seller. I'm not too sure what it is about this baby but, it looks VERY different from other axolotls that I have and/or have seen before! I was just coming here for confirmation that this is indeed an axolotl and not a water dog or something! It's face is almost like it is squished in, and it has a very short, round-like tail! Either way, it's very unique and I love it anyway. Just wasn't sure if I was going crazy or if it really does look different!!

P.S. This baby was sent to me with the small gills that it has currently (I only got it about a week ago)

https://imgur.com/wMWz2tL

^^ Pic of my lucy baby for comparison, they are the same size. About 2-3 inches.

Thanks so much!
Attached Thumbnails
Axolotl Mixup-img_3006.jpg   Axolotl Mixup-img_3028.jpg   Axolotl Mixup-img_3031.jpg  

Last edited by Lexcece; 1 Week Ago at 18:17. Reason: Fixed the pic of my Lucy baby
Lexcece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Axolotl Mixup

She's a cutie pie! Definitely an axie. Looks like "wild type" to me.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Lexcece is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterwoman View Post
She's a cutie pie! Definitely an axie. Looks like "wild type" to me.
Thank you so much for the help!! :) The baby almost reminds me of a little Lotl with a big Lotl's face

Lexcece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: franktank is an unknown quantity at this point

She's adorable!

franktank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, baby axies, pictures, question, small, strange, water dog

LinkBack