The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Bloodworms

This is a discussion on Bloodworms within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hello, I have two 4-5inch Axolotls and am about to feed them live bloodworms for the first time tonight. Could ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2010   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: tomkeogh has shown reliable knowledgetomkeogh has shown reliable knowledge
Default Bloodworms

Hello, I have two 4-5inch Axolotls and am about to feed them live bloodworms for the first time tonight.

Could anyone suggest how many to feed,a teaspoon egg cup etc?

Also how long should I leave them in the tank?

tomkeogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010   #2 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: Shizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Bloodworms

Feed them small bits at a time, like a pinch in between your fingers. Leave them in there as long as the axies will keep eating. The cubes they sell usually come in cubes about a gram each. You can try that amount at first. Search for bloodworm cubes and you'll see an approximate size.

Shizeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: callina is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcallina is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcallina is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcallina is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcallina is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcallina is a mainstay of Caudata.org

when I feed my axies live bloodworms I leave them in the tank as long as they are alive. So the axies can hunt them whenever they want. I only remove the dead ones.

Tina

callina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: tomkeogh has shown reliable knowledgetomkeogh has shown reliable knowledge

Thank you, I have fed my white likes them but my grumpy albino has not noticed!!!

it looks like I put too many in but bubbles has been hunting them for a few minutes

Thank you for the advice I will try to post pictures for you soon but not my ugly home made mesh hood, but you can not argue with a 2 degree reduction!! hope they appreciate

tomkeogh is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack