The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Possible colouration?

This is a discussion on Possible colouration? within the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hi i jst bought eggs from an ebay seller, right now im jst waiting for them to hatch (1 or ...

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By miguelmannao29

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: miguelmannao29 has started on the right path
Default Possible colouration?

Hi i jst bought eggs from an ebay seller, right now im jst waiting for them to hatch (1 or 2 days away from hatching) and i noticed a couple of them has golden tint added to their colour and with no freckles...... is it possible that some of my eggs are golden??? im jst curious because the seller described the mum leucistic and the dad wildtype....... is it possible that one of the parents were carrying a golden gene?? anyways gold or not im not really bothered but i think it would be good to hv all three colours :)

miguelmannao29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 3
Rep: oceanblue goes to 11oceanblue goes to 11oceanblue goes to 11oceanblue goes to 11oceanblue goes to 11oceanblue goes to 11oceanblue goes to 11oceanblue goes to 11oceanblue goes to 11oceanblue goes to 11oceanblue goes to 11
Default Re: Possible colouration?

I think you are trying to type your axolotls much to early, counting chickens before they are hatched seems an appropriate expression! Nonetheless it is possible to get golden albinos from such a cross if both parents are carriers of the albino gene.

oceanblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: miguelmannao29 has started on the right path
Default Re: Possible colouration?

Hi it turned out they are golden albinos they are now juvenilles and feeding off bloodworms

miguelmannao29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl babies, axolotl colour, axolotl larvae, colours?

LinkBack