The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Melanoid or Wildtype Juvenile?

This is a discussion on Melanoid or Wildtype Juvenile? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hey, I have 2 photos of my brand new juvenile axie. He came from parents that were one Leucistic and ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th July 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: maddief is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Melanoid or Wildtype Juvenile?

Hey,
I have 2 photos of my brand new juvenile axie. He came from parents that were one Leucistic and one Wildtype. The breeder said that there is not shiny ring around his eyes which indicates a Wildtype. I'm just curious because his colour is fairly light, although she said he will get darker.. Can anyone help/ give opinion?
Attached Thumbnails
Melanoid or Wildtype Juvenile?-image.jpg  

maddief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: layna has given good advice and informationlayna has given good advice and informationlayna has given good advice and information
Default Re: Melanoid or Wildtype Juvenile?

Its a little harder to tell when theyre that little. However leucistic are usually a lot paler and have a pink tinge to them even that small.

My guess would be most likely a wiltype but a possible melanoid.

When I first got my Stitch he was see through with a gold speckled head, I was convinced he was a wild type but the older he got, he lost all his sparkle. He is now a beautiful melaniod (see DP) :)

If you like my advice, please add to my reputation so others know im helpful

Last edited by layna; 4th July 2015 at 13:47.
layna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: maddief is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Melanoid or Wildtype Juvenile?

Wow, he is so beautiful! I hope my guy is a melanoid, he's already getting darker and he doesn't have as many shimmery speckles as he used to. Thanks for the opinion! :)

maddief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
juvenile, melanoid, wildtype

LinkBack