The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Bacteria or fungus??

This is a discussion on Bacteria or fungus?? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; And again.. I wasn't disagreeing with anything you've said -.- Thanks...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2015   #21 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: AxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and information
Default Re: Bacteria or fungus??

And again.. I wasn't disagreeing with anything you've said -.-

Thanks

Old 7th November 2015   #22 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: EversoriZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Again thanks for all the info and stuff, I did a water test and the levels are all good no ammonia, no nitrates. PH is good 7.6-8.0 as always. I took a sample to Petco for testing and to see what they could help me with and same result, the water itself is fine. It's just dirty and it finally dawned on me what it is. When I took out one of the Nitra Zorb patches from the back of the filter I must have done it a little too forcefully and I ripped apart some of the regular filter media and this went inside the tank with the flow output from the filter. This is why it's attaching itself to the walls and mostly onto the plant that I have dispersing the water flow from the filter.

So I'm just going to clean the tank up like it was suggested to me before. Do water changes as I have done and hopefully I can get the water clear soon.
As for the live plants, I don't know probably not any time soon, I have a 20 gal and I dont think theyre necessary just yet. When I upgrade to a bigger tank IF my axies grow enough to consider upgrading then I will probably get live plants.
Anyway thanks everyone for your help :)

EversoriZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015   #23 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Daimler has shown reliable knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by EversoriZ View Post
Anyway thanks everyone for your help :)
De nada.