The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl Question bout' breeding

This is a discussion on Axolotl Question bout' breeding within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Uh- I'm new to the Axolotl community and I already know you cannot tell their genders until a year or ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th July 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Eyebrowsss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Axolotl Question bout' breeding

Uh- I'm new to the Axolotl community and I already know you cannot tell their genders until a year or so, but if I do manage to get a Male and Female, is there a way to prevent breeding??? And if you have any other advice it'd be much appreciated! \(^-^)/

Eyebrowsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016   #2 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Axolotl Question bout' breeding

Preventing breeding is as simple as keeping male and female separate.

Old 21st July 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Kochebi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Axolotl Question bout' breeding

And, honestly, separate tanks is best. I had a male and a female in a divided tank and the male still managed to get past it and they bred. If you were wondering, there's really no way to "fix" an axolotl

Kochebi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, breeding, help a member out

LinkBack