The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl home made frozen food?

This is a discussion on Axolotl home made frozen food? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hey guys, fish here! I have a question for those in the axolotl community, is there any way to make ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Neon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Axolotl home made frozen food?

Hey guys, fish here! I have a question for those in the axolotl community, is there any way to make DIY frozen axolotl food? Long story short, someone in my area has been hitting all my local pet stores and buying worms (bloodworms, worms, night crawlers, etc) in bulk orders. Its been making it pretty annoying to wait till the next shipment, and even then i never seem to make it to the store fast enough to buy worms. I do try to buy from bait stores, but half the time the worms are dead, which is very annoying. It is hot here though...

Anyway, is there any way to prepare frozen food to stock in my freezer for awhile for when i cant buy any worms? Ive seen others do this for other fish, but im not sure how to go about it for axolotls. What would i mix together to create a healthy diet? How long can i keep i it in the freezer?

Here is the post on Tumblr as well.

Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: aliya23kk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Axolotl home made frozen food?

One thing you can buy is Eyclop-Eeze and take some of that to feed your axolotls (It's frozen) and I think you can buy it online but don't hold me to it because I'm not 100% sure. You could also make a brine shrimp farm at home. At you local pet store can you order them for pick up so you can get them? If you can't get these I'd go there when they open and then stock up on everything to last you a long time.

aliya23kk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, axolotl advice, food

LinkBack