The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Can't tell my axolotls apart! Afraid one is not eating, should I use an aquarium partition?

This is a discussion on Can't tell my axolotls apart! Afraid one is not eating, should I use an aquarium partition? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I just received two 10 month old axolotls about a week ago who are brothers. I cannot tell them apart, ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By emdalliance
  • 2 Post By Dell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: sindyburnburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't tell my axolotls apart! Afraid one is not eating, should I use an aquarium partition?

I just received two 10 month old axolotls about a week ago who are brothers. I cannot tell them apart, I've tried! One seems more active and is already used to me and eats very well, the the other is very shy and I'm not sure if he's eating. Is it a good idea to use an aquarium divider first of all to confirm if it's true that one is more active than the other (alternatively maybe they are both active but not at the same time?) and to ensure that they are both eating healthy amounts? Thanks in advance!

sindyburnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: emdalliance is an unknown quantity at this point

A tank divider won't hurt if you feel that's helpful for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emdalliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Dell has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Can't tell my axolotls apart! Afraid one is not eating, should I use an aquarium partition?

Hello,

Can I ask what and how are you feeding them? Could you just use tweezers or just each hand them an earthworm to see whose eating what? Or you could use a turkey baster and wait to see who eats.

Dell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activity, divider, feeding, identical, partition

LinkBack