The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Does my axolotl's gills look healthy?

This is a discussion on Does my axolotl's gills look healthy? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Kinda paranoid to be honest but do they look okay?...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Salina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does my axolotl's gills look healthy?

Kinda paranoid to be honest but do they look okay?
Attached Thumbnails
Does my axolotl's gills look healthy?-img_2568.jpg  

Salina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: WalkingFish has given good advice and informationWalkingFish has given good advice and information
Default Re: Does my axolotl's gills look healthy?

First I just want to say that gills very a lot! They can be short they can be long they can be full day can be scarce. How long have you had this axolotl? Do you know how old this Axolotl is? Have the gills been more full? By full mean the filaments coming off the rami. Has there been a deterioration in the filaments coming off the rami? You're Axolotl could be in perfect health it just depends on the traits that it was born with. So as long as the gills of always look this way then I think the Axolotl looks perfectly healthy. However if the filaments seem to be deteriorating in your opinion, and there are fewer filaments on the Rami, then this would draw huge concern.

WalkingFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Rep: Cloppy has started on the right path
Default Re: Does my axolotl's gills look healthy?

looks pretty good to me, but the picture is sorta blurry; but it seems the gills have nice , long, healthy filaments.

Cloppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, axolotl advice, axolotl gills, axolotl health, new axolotl owner

LinkBack