The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

White spots on golden axolotl tail?

This is a discussion on White spots on golden axolotl tail? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; There are like lots of white spots on my axolotls tail. I only got it a few days ago and ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Salina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default White spots on golden axolotl tail?

There are like lots of white spots on my axolotls tail. I only got it a few days ago and i don't know if the white spots on it's tail are normal or not. I have a golden albino.

Salina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017   #2 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: Skudo09 has given consistently excellent advice and informationSkudo09 has given consistently excellent advice and informationSkudo09 has given consistently excellent advice and informationSkudo09 has given consistently excellent advice and informationSkudo09 has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: White spots on golden axolotl tail?

It is hard to tell what the spots are without pictures. Golden albinos often have iridophores which are the light shiny pigments of the skin which is likely what you are seeing and is just part of the axolotl's colouring and nothing to be concerned about. However seeing photos would help determine what the white spots. Have a look at the link below. It contains a lot of information useful to keeping axolotl's and explains some of the genetics and colouring.

Axolotls - Genetics and Colour

Old 18th February 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Salina is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a picture
Attached Thumbnails
White spots on golden axolotl tail?-img_2571.jpg  

Salina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017   #4 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: Skudo09 has given consistently excellent advice and informationSkudo09 has given consistently excellent advice and informationSkudo09 has given consistently excellent advice and informationSkudo09 has given consistently excellent advice and informationSkudo09 has given consistently excellent advice and information

Yeah those are iridophores and nothing to worry about. Just part of the normal colouring and makes them very pretty :)

Tags
axolotl, axolotl advice, axolotl tail, golden albino axolotls, new axolotl owner, white spots

LinkBack