The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Non PVC hideaways

This is a discussion on Non PVC hideaways within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; When I was shopping for stuff for my tank I had a lot of trouble finding hideaways that were big ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th June 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: DragonsMamma is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Non PVC hideaways

When I was shopping for stuff for my tank I had a lot of trouble finding hideaways that were big enough. I know that some people use PVC pipe but I am not a big fan of the look (I know kinda silly) but I was hoping that someone might have some other ideas.
I was also wondering if the hollow log hides for reptiles would work.
Thanks

DragonsMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ticktockwizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non PVC hideaways

Look for local pet store. Many of them will have nice logs with healthy algaes your ax will love that you can buy. My local "petco" which is a commercial outfit had some nice betta bowl plant seeds that the axxie has been eating the algaeic seed extrusions. It's like eating pure plant life force. A submerged log or sprouting seeds along with maybe a long philodendron branch and a daphnia culture your axxie will be super happy Happier than with a pvc tube cut in half.

Best,
Dr. T.

ticktockwizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotls, hides

LinkBack