The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl possibly touched "innapropiately". Should i be worried?

This is a discussion on Axolotl possibly touched "innapropiately". Should i be worried? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; So tonight i had my axolotl out in a small container so i could clean her tank. Found my kitten ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th August 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: AxieTails is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Axolotl possibly touched "innapropiately". Should i be worried?

So tonight i had my axolotl out in a small container so i could clean her tank. Found my kitten hovering over her. (Totally my fault. I need to shut my door) His paw was wet. Not sure if he actually touched her or not. While i was taking him out of my room i walked back in to my mom stroking my axies side/tail and holding her in her fingers underwater (im not blaming her. She didnt know) . Is this bad for my axie, should i be concerned, is there something i can do for her?
Ask any question you need to

AxieTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Herpin Man has shown reliable knowledgeHerpin Man has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Axolotl possibly touched "innapropiately". Should i be worried?

If your mother had clean fingers (no lotion, soap, perfume, taco sauce, etc) it will probably do no harm.
The cat is perhaps the bigger danger.

Herpin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: AxieTails is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, i checked in and she had clean hands. I dont think the cat actually touched my axolotl (i dont see any marks on her and didn't hear a splash or anything)
Thank you for a reply

AxieTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2017   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

If there are no marks, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, hurt axolotl, petting axolotl, sick, stressed axolotl

LinkBack