The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Triops Longicaudatus - Axie food?

This is a discussion on Triops Longicaudatus - Axie food? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hey guys... i thought i would start a thread in the new sections Mik made so here we go! Triops ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2004   #1 (permalink)
kim

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hey guys... i thought i would start a thread in the new sections Mik made so here we go!

Triops Longicaudatus - Do u think they would be ok to feed to axies.. they seem to breed very quickly and are cheap and easy to come by..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Take a look at the above links i know they are from ebay (sorry!) but it was the best place to find the most info on them..

So let me know what you think, Me, Dot and Pete are all interested!

Old 6th October 2004   #2 (permalink)
nate

Gallery Images:
Comments:

From my experiences, they are fairly aggressive nibblers and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were to begin biting axie fins and feet.

Old 7th October 2004   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: colin has started on the right path

They were in the news just yesterday as they were found in scotland for the first time in a long time, apparantly they are the World's oldest living animal???
I tried a triops kit once and they didnt hatch. Some of the stuff in the bag did hatch and i ended up with a freshwater artemia populations for a while and some daphnia also appeared in there but no triops!!!
Cool looking beasties, dontthink id like feeding them to axies Click the image to open in full size.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3714524.stm

colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2004   #4 (permalink)
kim

Gallery Images:
Comments:

ahhh ok... just thought i'd ask.. thought it would be good as they bred to quick.

Im not going to feed them o the axies if i get them.

Old 7th October 2004   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: dot has started on the right path

Um, I wasn't all that interested in feeding them to my axolotls in the first place ... though I did have a culture I kept living for about a year and a half when I was 12.

dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2004   #6 (permalink)
benjamin

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Cool looking little critters. I saw a kit for these guys at the early learning center, it said they grew to be 1 inch long, which is quite big.

Tags
axie, food, longicaudatus, triops

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 11 (Set)

bewilderbeast, bryanc, FormerFIP, kanderson624, snootyfox, spameye, sprouse, That One Guy, tritonfin, umdprevet, Vesp
LinkBack