The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Yeah we survived cyclone larry

This is a discussion on Yeah we survived cyclone larry within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; yeah we have had no power for 3 days but luckly i put my 2 axies in a small camping ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st March 2006   #1 (permalink)
denise

Gallery Images:
Comments:

yeah we have had no power for 3 days but luckly i put my 2 axies in a small camping fridge and froze heaps of ice cream containers of water and we have just got our power back on and my axies are great now i just have to get my chiller down to 18 degrees and they can get back in the tank

Old 21st March 2006   #2 (permalink)
karen

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Wow it was great that that you had the foresight to freeze your water ahead of time... No power for 3 days would have been pretty terrible, did you end up with any damage, it looked pretty bad from what I have seen on the news... You've probably been completely stressed whilst your axies would have thought they were having a lovely holiday... Hope all is well there Click the image to open in full size.

Old 21st March 2006   #3 (permalink)
lexie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I used to live in Innisfail (near Cairns) soI have lots of friends there telling me all about it. Hope you didn't get too much damage etc. Glad your axies are fine!

Old 21st March 2006   #4 (permalink)
denise

Gallery Images:
Comments:

thank you for your concern, we did sustain alot of property damage and it was very scary cause i also have 2 horses, i was more worried about my animals than anything else though, my poor axies slept through the whole ordeal in the fridge ha ha wish i could have, but we have another cyclone on the way so i might have to leave them in the fridge

Old 22nd March 2006   #5 (permalink)
jojo

Gallery Images:
Comments:

ohhhh Denise!! So good to hear!! I didnt know u had posted here, i posted something to you in the sandstone thread i created. Im glad everything is sweet for you, besides property damage
* ouch *

Old 22nd March 2006   #6 (permalink)
lizzy

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Glad to hear that you and your fellow banana benders didn't get hit as bad as New Orleans,I understand though it will be awhile rebuilding the banana and sugar industries.Glad the axies made it!! Good luck!

Old 22nd March 2006   #7 (permalink)
lexie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hope the horses were fine...

Old 23rd March 2006   #8 (permalink)
luke

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Bananas have gone up in price noooooooooo! I love bananasClick the image to open in full size.

Old 23rd March 2006   #9 (permalink)
denise

Gallery Images:
Comments:

i know what you mean luke cause we have no fridge stuff when you go to the shopping centre but the bananas have already gone up in price, talk about priorities, and yes the horses were fine, every tree missed the stables and sheds ha ha, and i have finally put my axies in their tank and they are eating too, so we are finally back to normal, well sort of

Tags
cyclone, larry, survived, yeah

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 0 (Set)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack