The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Getting an avatar

This is a discussion on Getting an avatar within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I know this isnt really an axolotl question. I have been trying to get the pic of my axie up ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2006   #1 (permalink)
emily

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I know this isnt really an axolotl question. I have been trying to get the pic of my axie up as an avatar. I went into the 'my profile' and clicked add pic etc. There is a pic when you click on my name but it doesnt come up when i post a message. How would i go about getting the pic up as an avatar thingy?
sorry this isnt axie related
Cheers

Old 19th May 2006   #2 (permalink)
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

When you are in your "edit profile" page, do you see a picture, right above where it says "Your current picture is shown above."? If so, then I have no idea why it doesn't show up on your posts. The photo needs to be maximum 150x150 pixels, but if it's larger than that, it should have been rejected when you tried to add it.

Old 21st May 2006   #3 (permalink)
brooke

Gallery Images:
Comments:

!

Im Having the same problem aswell..

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 21st May 2006   #4 (permalink)
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

It may be a technical problem since the forum switched servers. I'll ask John Clare.

Old 21st May 2006   #5 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Emily, please try posting in this thread again. I'm trying to track down the problem.

If your picture doesn't appear, try deleting it and uploading it again, then post in this thread again please.

Old 22nd May 2006   #6 (permalink)
emily

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Ok, i deleted it and then re-opened it, we'll see what happens Click the image to open in full size. (sorry this took so long-been busy)

Cheers

Old 22nd May 2006   #7 (permalink)
emily

Gallery Images:
Comments:

it worked, i wonder why it didnt before, cheers for everybodies help

Old 22nd May 2006   #8 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hurray, a problem solved. Anyone experiencing the same problem should do what Emily did - use the facility in the edit your profile page to delete your old avatar and then upload it again.

Tags

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 6 (Set)

Ben 1979, GalLuvsAxolotls, JoshBA, Love them lotls, Newton the Axie, rumsey232
LinkBack