The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Salmon Pellets?

This is a discussion on Salmon Pellets? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Can someone point me in the direction of where I can buy those soft sinking salmon pellets for the axies ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: kiwitwist has started on the right path
Default Salmon Pellets?

Can someone point me in the direction of where I can buy those soft sinking salmon pellets for the axies I've read about? I think mine are about the size where they can take the 3mm sized pellets. Thanks!!

New pics: http://chaosrah.livejournal.com/403168.html
kiwitwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 30
Rep: i_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and information

Yeah me too. I want to try these for my mudpuppy. Everyone is always talking about them so I'd like some too!
i_love_necturus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 3
Rep: Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11

Well, here is a place to purchase the Rangen salmon pellets that the Ambystoma Genetic Stock Center (formerly the Indiana Axolotl colony if I believe) has used for a long time with great success.

The link is actually part of the AGSC website and I believe the bags for sale are five pounds but I am not sure. I believe if you would try to order these from Rangen they come in huge containers in the multiple tens of pounds which is far too much for the average person.
Abrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 30
Rep: i_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and information
Talking Thnx

Thanks, I'm sure Sarah will be happy too. Maybe I'll order some soon, gotta get some money first, lol.
i_love_necturus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pellets, salmon