The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Axolotl Breeders

This is a discussion on Axolotl Breeders within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I was wondering if anyone knew of any reliable axolotl breeders in the US. My friend is trying to find ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th December 2008   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Roho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Axolotl Breeders

I was wondering if anyone knew of any reliable axolotl breeders in the US. My friend is trying to find one. I also want to know, because I'm considering one too...
Old 25th December 2008   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 10
Rep: Jake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Axolotl Breeders

There are plenty of reliable axolotl breeders on the site, and you can find some in the testimonial section of the forum. Kaysie Cox and Michael Shrom to name a couple.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Roho is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you give me any web sites or e-mail adresses?
Old 29th December 2008   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Neke has given good advice and informationNeke has given good advice and informationNeke has given good advice and information

It's hard to open a page without seeing Kaysie's name somewhere
http://www.caudata.org/forum/members/10/kaysie.html

And this is Michael Shrom's member page, which I found using the search function. It's a handy little thing There's a tab with contact info if you wish to contact either of them.
http://www.caudata.org/forum/members/2474/michael.html

There's also a for sale section of the site which is probably best to check first http://www.caudata.org/forum/f49-advertisements-newts-salamanders/f50-sale-give-away-trade/f65-fs-usa/
Neke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2008   #5 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
There are plenty of reliable axolotl breeders on the site, and you can find some in the testimonial section of the forum. Kaysie Cox and Michael Shrom to name a couple.
My axies are starting to breed for the year. I expect eventually to raise at least 2000 juveniles in 2009. I won't have many juveniles available till late winter or spring.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

I've currently got eggs. It looks like I'll have a couple dozen juvies by late winter. I'm not quite as prolific as Michael, but then, I only have 2 adults.
Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, breeders