The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Parasites?

This is a discussion on Parasites? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi guys, Because I am buying a 64 gallon tank, I wanted to purchase another axolotl for my other two, ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2010   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: jockey has started on the right path
Default Parasites?

Hi guys,

Because I am buying a 64 gallon tank, I wanted to purchase another axolotl for my other two, Paolo and Quetzo.....
The only problem is that I went to a pet shop with three axolotls in a 30cm tank!!!! The Grey one with black eyes (so its not albino) was showing a lot of promise. He (I'm assuming) was energetic and seemed more socially aware than the two gold one at the back......but the tank also had these little bugs on the rocks and everything. im not sure what they are or if the can harm the axolotls.. they're about three times the size of full stops. Should I buy him? (they were selling him for 30 bucks and looked small and skinny)

Last edited by bellabelloo; 16th January 2010 at 11:14. Reason: Added capitals and adjusted punctuation.
jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: scrappa has started on the right path
Default Re: Parasites?

Hi,

Maybe you should ask the pet shop when they get deliverys and ask for them to bring in an axolotl but tell them you will pick it up in the original bag instead of from their tank and unless the supplier has parasites your fine.

This is how i got my axolotls.

scrappa is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack