The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Discovery

This is a discussion on Discovery within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hi everyone I think i have made a discovery, Heres the full story. I was measuring my axolotl to ***** ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2010   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: bradley has started on the right path
Cool Discovery

Hi everyone

I think i have made a discovery, Heres the full story.

I was measuring my axolotl to ***** his condition and how he is getting on (he is going great) and i had a bit of a brainstorm and if you love reptiles as much as amphibians the you may have heard that a crocodiles length can be reliably measured by only measuring the head and multiplying the number by a number that has slipped my mind (gee when you need the info you get a mind blank) anyway I though what if this could be applied to axolotls. So I measured My axolotls head and it was 2 cm long and then I measured the axolotls full length which was 14, so if you times 2 by 7 the result is 14. Now i need to confirm this by getting the measurements of other axolotls, that is where i need your help i only have one axolotl but if you guys could tell me how long you axolotls head and all of its body to give me something to work with.

thanks brad

bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010   #2 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: Shizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Discovery

I can imagine everyone grabbing their axies and trying to hold a ruler up to them lol. GOOOO SCIENCE!

Shizeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: bradley has started on the right path

Ha i can to. But im still not getting replies and i really need measurements for confirmation, so if you read this thread please reply.

thanks brad

bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Celeste has given good advice and informationCeleste has given good advice and information

Hi Brad!

Well I tried too, but I couldnt, so I made a comparative from pictures and it is not an exact proportion in all the pictures because of the angle and water depth, but it is very close!! Ill try to measure them, I hope I do it right and get you a "live" answer!! very interesting though!

Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: angyles has shown reliable knowledgeangyles has shown reliable knowledge

well I'm not really willing to take mine out ant measure him, but I have dome some rough measurements through the glass. mine is about 5.5" long, and .75" wide at the head. I'd say that's pretty consistent with your hypothosis.

angyles is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack