The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Dwarf Crayfish with Axolotls

This is a discussion on Dwarf Crayfish with Axolotls within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I have some Dwarf Crayfish ( non aggressive max size 1.5 inch) Would the Axolotls eat them? I also have ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th February 2010   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: big len is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dwarf Crayfish with Axolotls

I have some Dwarf Crayfish ( non aggressive max size 1.5 inch) Would the Axolotls eat them?

I also have a self cloning crayfish (non aggressive) that reproduces quickly it grows to a max size of 3 inches Would that be a good tank mate or a good food source?

Thanks for the info
big len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: lea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Dwarf Crayfish with Axolotls

hi big len

i wouldnt put them in with my axie just in case, you never know they might nip them........i dont if they would eat them

lea
lea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010   #3 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: Shizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.orgShizeric is a mainstay of Caudata.org

1.5 inches is big enough to do some damage, I would remove them. and def. not the 3 incher
Shizeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: tuxar linuxarmy is an unknown quantity at this point

i had cray fish my self
i say its very bad idea i had crayfish mixed with crabs and fish(fresh water crabs 3 cm long around one inch)
in the end everything besides the crayfish everything was cut like an paper puzzel
and i know axolotls can regenerate everything but still not an idea thats good for your axies health

tuxar
tuxar linuxarmy is offline   Reply With Quote