The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

How many axolotl can live in my 24"x18"x14" in tank

This is a discussion on How many axolotl can live in my 24"x18"x14" in tank within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Axolotls get pretty big, opinions on how many axolotls you can fit in a tank vary quite a bit, but ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2011   #21 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: carsona246 has given consistently excellent advice and informationcarsona246 has given consistently excellent advice and informationcarsona246 has given consistently excellent advice and informationcarsona246 has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: How many axolotl can live in my 24"x18"x14" in tank

Axolotls get pretty big, opinions on how many axolotls you can fit in a tank vary quite a bit, but remember they can get up to 12". Usually they only get 8", but I always like to allow for wiggle room in how much space an animal needs. That being said I keep 2 in a tank that's 36x18x17, and while I'd like it to be bigger, it works just fine, and they really don't seem crammed. I thought I'd need a much bigger tank, but the older they get the less active they are. I'd only stick 1 in your tank, you can have 1 axolotl with plenty of space, or have 2 axoltols that would have the minimum amount of space that I would comfortably keep axoltols in.
carsona246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, axololts, help me, tank mates