The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Feeding Bait Shop Earthworms to Axolotls?

This is a discussion on Feeding Bait Shop Earthworms to Axolotls? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I was wondering what would be better to feed to my Axolotls... earthworms from a bait shop, or dug up ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th June 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 13
Rep: Aquacraze is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Feeding Bait Shop Earthworms to Axolotls?

I was wondering what would be better to feed to my Axolotls... earthworms from a bait shop, or dug up from the yard?

Thanks in advance!

Aquacraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11
Default Re: Feeding Bait Shop Earthworms to Axolotls?

Either is fine as long as they come from a pesticide/fertilizer free area. The biggest thing is cost. Why fuss with traffic and drive out to the bait shop to pay for worms when you can just dig them up for free?

Old 9th June 2011   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 13
Rep: Aquacraze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeding Bait Shop Earthworms to Axolotls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwtehunter View Post
Either is fine as long as they come from a pesticide/fertilizer free area. The biggest thing is cost. Why fuss with traffic and drive out to the bait shop to pay for worms when you can just dig them up for free?
The only thing I am worried about is that there are farmer's fields all around my yard, and I'm not sure if they use any chemicals that would be dangerous to them...

Aquacraze is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack