The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Bloodworms?

This is a discussion on Bloodworms? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I've had an Axolotl in Australia, and I've purchased one here. In Australia I was feeding my Axolotl a frozen ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th November 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Nano has shown reliable knowledge
Default Bloodworms?

I've had an Axolotl in Australia, and I've purchased one here. In Australia I was feeding my Axolotl a frozen turtle mix which was ideal and didn't break up in the water. From pets at home here in the U.K. I bought bloodworms. I have found out that bloodworms break up very quickly, before my axolotl decides to take it in. I was wondering if anyone had any good easy things that they feed their Axolotls that are easy and available quite widely?
P.S. can you get non frozen food that are good for axolotls?
Ben

Nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: lea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and informationlea has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Bloodworms?

eathworms are the best food for axies, so their main diet should be them. I also fed my axie blood worms, live black worms and pellets.
I use a peanut butter jar that has been cleaned out really well for a feeding jar, that way the blood worms dont go all over the tank. Pebbles just goes in the opening has his feed and then leaves.

lea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl feeding, axolotl food choices, bloodworms, non frozen

LinkBack