The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Feeding axolotls

This is a discussion on Feeding axolotls within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; So I got my axies back in January and they are now about 3 inches long (I have one wild ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Vyrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Feeding axolotls

So I got my axies back in January and they are now about 3 inches long (I have one wild type and one golden). When will they start eating on their own? I feed them bloodworms from a dropper and they both have huge appetites and are very aggressive with their food. They need to see the worms moving or dangling in their faces in order to eat though. When will they start to eat on their own? Is there anything i should be doing to encourage it? Thanks!

Vyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: arenaboy007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeding axolotls

Just leave the worms in the bottom, I was also worried back then that I will have to hand feed them forever, but everyone here told me to just leave it, and they eventually ate it.

arenaboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Vyrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeding axolotls

Alrighty, thanks a lot :) Tomorrow is tank cleaning day so I figured tonight was a good starting point. I left the worms at the bottom of their tank and I am actually noticing them looking around at them and sometimes attempting to bite at them :)

Vyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, bloodworms, eating, feeding

LinkBack