The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Need help, kind of lost?

This is a discussion on Need help, kind of lost? within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Okay I don't know how to use this site very well, so I need some help. I'm looking to purchase ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xxianxx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th July 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: axilover26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help, kind of lost?

Okay I don't know how to use this site very well, so I need some help. I'm looking to purchase a black MALE axolotl, maybe two depending on the prices... But I don't know where to find them and I can't seem to navigate to a page that will help me. I've had axolotl's for the last 2 years or so. My friend's mom purchased two, bred them, and since then i've been completely in love. Luckily my boyfriend has too and I'd really like to get him one for his birthday in August. I want a male because my old school (i graduated) has a few of the axi's my friends mom bred but their only male passed away and they wanted to as a class, breed them. I spent my whole senior year forming a daphnia culture and a stable habitat for them, so I figure if I get a male I can lend him to them and they can continue the work I could not successfully complete.

ANYWAYS point blank:
I'm looking for a male wildtype axolotl to purchase and love and i don't know where/how to go about this!

axilover26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Need help, kind of lost?

For Sale, Give-Away or Trade - FS: USA at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal this is the US for sale list, check it out, if what you want is not available be patient
Species Wanted, Items Sought - Wanted in the USA at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal also place an add here telling people what you want.

Old 30th July 2012   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: DeCypher has shown reliable knowledge

You can only determine the sex of Axolotls when they are adults, and finding adult axolotls is very difficult. Most are sold as juvies or eggs. It's impossible to sex either of those.
You won't have much luck finding what you're looking for, sorry

Old 2nd August 2012   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Completely ignore the above advice, if you are prepared to spend the time , effort and money sourcing the axolotl you want you will get it.

Old 4th August 2012   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: millerj76 has given consistently good advice and informationmillerj76 has given consistently good advice and informationmillerj76 has given consistently good advice and information

Agree with the above, i have seen many u.s websites that sell Axolotls, they may not always have them in stock, but i'm sure you may be able to pre order, also they are frequently for sale on this site in the 'for sale' section. 'good things come to those who wait', or if you search harder you may get one quicker. I hope you do find one soon, good luck.

millerj76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, axolotl babies

LinkBack