The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

2 very sad stressed morphing axies at fish shop :(

This is a discussion on 2 very sad stressed morphing axies at fish shop :( within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; I was out feeding my addiction for aquarium shops & stopped in at one in the sydney area. They had ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 2gsom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2012   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: FX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default 2 very sad stressed morphing axies at fish shop :(

I was out feeding my addiction for aquarium shops & stopped in at one in the sydney area.

They had 3 axies in a tank & I was vomiting up scoria (volcanic type gravel) I saw he & another tank mate were gill less & looked as though they were morphing the girl at the shop didn't care at all & when the older man (owner??) turned up I pointed out to him that the gravel is unsuitable etc etc - he didn't care either! Grrrrrrr so frustrating!

2 very sad stressed morphing axies at fish shop :(-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352811752.237316.jpg

Am I right in thinking they are both morphing?

2 very sad stressed morphing axies at fish shop :(-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352811795.434022.jpg
2 very sad stressed morphing axies at fish shop :(-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352811810.370547.jpg

2 very sad stressed morphing axies at fish shop :(-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352811843.134050.jpg

A pic of the couple of bits of gravel the wild type vomited up

I know buying them would only perpetuate them being kept by crappy shops - but I just want to save them

FX1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jasper408 has given consistently good advice and informationjasper408 has given consistently good advice and informationjasper408 has given consistently good advice and informationjasper408 has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: 2 very sad stressed morphing axies at fish shop :(

Judging by their attitudes, all they care about is profit. I feel for the poor axolotls, but I agree, buying them would only indicate to the store that it is a profitable venture...

jasper408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Rep: 2gsom is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh poor babies, we are very lucky locally here we have some great pet store owners and aquarium shops who care for their axies really well. How sad for them they look so stressed. You could try pointing out how unwell they are and that they will imminently die and offer to take them free of charge and try to save them? worst they can say is no.

2gsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: dvsgal has started on the right path

I once said to a pets paradise owner that Im not paying full price for an axolotl that is near death.

He let me have it for $2 because that's how much he pays for them.
However it died 3days later, it was beyond help but i wanted to try.

dvsgal is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack