The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Why is it...

This is a discussion on Why is it... within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; ...axolotls are so addictive?! I went to my friends shop today to stock up on beast treats, fine, nothing out ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th November 2012   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 28
Comments: 3
Rep: NeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and informationNeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and informationNeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and informationNeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and information
Talking Why is it...

...axolotls are so addictive?! I went to my friends shop today to stock up on beast treats, fine, nothing out of the ordinary. He had a few juvenile golds looking happy in their tank. Cute! I thought....then I saw him. A big, green, spotty wild type with the most beautiful vibrant yellow markings I have ever seen and a big grin from gill to gill I fell in love instantly and stared lovingly at him through the tank...he stared back, it was meant to be!

.....He's mine now LOL, and I'm picking him up next week. Anyone know of any axolotls anonymous meeting groups?! The happiness they give me is overwhelming! *faints*

.....Tehee!

Old 14th November 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Sam77 has given good advice and informationSam77 has given good advice and information
Default Re: Why is it...

We need pictures!!

Sam77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: NeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and informationNeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and informationNeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and informationNeekaLovesYou has given consistently good advice and information

There shall be pictures as soon as he's hooome!

Old 14th November 2012   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: CJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeekaLovesYou View Post
...axolotls are so addictive?! I went to my friends shop today to stock up on beast treats, fine, nothing out of the ordinary. He had a few juvenile golds looking happy in their tank. Cute! I thought....then I saw him. A big, green, spotty wild type with the most beautiful vibrant yellow markings I have ever seen and a big grin from gill to gill I fell in love instantly and stared lovingly at him through the tank...he stared back, it was meant to be!

.....He's mine now LOL, and I'm picking him up next week. Anyone know of any axolotls anonymous meeting groups?! The happiness they give me is overwhelming! *faints*

.....Tehee!
The only explanation I can think of is hypnotism!

Really jealous, It's slim pickings near me for anything other than Albinos. Can't wait to move in the new year, then I can dedicate a whole room to tanks and go on the hunt for more .

I'm not sure Axie Anonymous would help, I have a sneaking suspicion they'd just end up as opportunities for people to expand their collections!

CJ1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: FireStar has given good advice and informationFireStar has given good advice and informationFireStar has given good advice and information

Haha, I know what you mean. I only have two tanks and my mum is freaking out that the house is going to turn into a zoo

The axolotl tank replaced the fruit bowl. That place is much more prettier to look at now

Old 14th November 2012   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

I have 5 tanks in my bedroom alone! Not all full of axolotls but still! My mums going mad, I can't quite believe I still live here!!

Old 14th November 2012   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Smdee has shown reliable knowledge

They stare at you with those big blank eyes and smile and you melt . Axolotl mind trickery.

Sounds adorable!!! Can't wait to see some pictures :)

Old 14th November 2012   #8 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: FX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Hi Neeka & thank you for sharing

My name is Nikki and I'm an Axolotlaholic... I too have fallen prey to their hypnotic mind games.... I can feel them programming me every time I look at them - even in a picture.. >o_o<

I fear my house will become an axolotl refuge & respite home :) and the best thing I can say is that I no longer live at home & there's no one to tell me that I can't woohoo

<3 >o_o< <3

FX1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012   #9 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Olivia97 has shown reliable knowledgeOlivia97 has shown reliable knowledge

I plan to flood the bottom floor of my house

Old 15th November 2012   #10 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Axolotlism...like a religion! ....Having said that, it might as well be. I don't know about you lot but I worship the ground mine walk on.....usually with a turkey baster or siphon but it's worship all the same!!

Old 15th November 2012   #11 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: hacelepues has given good advice and informationhacelepues has given good advice and informationhacelepues has given good advice and information

I believe this short story explains exactly why they are so addictive. It's a translation from spanish, but it still holds true, I checked :) https://www.msu.edu/user/eisthen/lab/Cortazar.pdf

Want more axie forum fun? visit http://www.reddit.com/r/axolotls/
hacelepues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jasper408 has given consistently good advice and informationjasper408 has given consistently good advice and informationjasper408 has given consistently good advice and informationjasper408 has given consistently good advice and information

Axolotls are illegal here. That sure puts a damper on axie addiction.

jasper408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012   #13 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: madink is an unknown quantity at this point

They are addictive. My kids thinks its mad :0 they say I spend more time watching axies tha with them. If only my kids had gills & those cute wee legs LOL ...

madink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012   #14 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper408 View Post
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that At least you have the option to keep other babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madink View Post
They are addictive. My kids thinks its mad :0 they say I spend more time watching axies tha with them. If only my kids had gills & those cute wee legs LOL ...
LMAO! I wait for the day I have children and have to share my time equally - It will not be easy! My mum thinks I'm mad! I'll sit there looking through pictures of them on my camera going "OH! Look at that face!!, squealing my head off and she'll just look at me like "you really need to get out more..." But if I go out more, I won't be able to see my babies! LOL

Old 15th November 2012   #15 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: FX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgFX1C is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Quote:

LMAO! I wait for the day I have children and have to share my time equally - It will not be easy! My mum thinks I'm mad! I'll sit there looking through pictures of them on my camera going "OH! Look at that face!!, squealing my head off and she'll just look at me like "you really need to get out more..." But if I go out more, I won't be able to see my babies! LOL
Neeka your mum should be very happy you are home with your axies :) - there's so much trouble out in the big wide world - I'd be overjoyed you had such an interest / hobby & such a cool one at that

<3 >o_o< <3

FX1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012   #16 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

That's what I say! At least I'm not out and about making a nuisance of myself like so many other people my age! It probably sounds mad but I think I've learned more from my amphibians in the past year than I did having 10 years + at school!

Old 15th November 2012   #17 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: CJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStar View Post
Haha, I know what you mean. I only have two tanks and my mum is freaking out that the house is going to turn into a zoo

The axolotl tank replaced the fruit bowl. That place is much more prettier to look at now
I should imagine the Axies are far more active than your average apple too

Old 15th November 2012   #18 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Axolotlism...like a religion! ....Having said that, it might as well be. I don't know about you lot but I worship the ground mine walk on.....usually with a turkey baster or siphon but it's worship all the same!!
I'm beginning to have sympathy with David Icke only I think he missed the mark slightly, it's not giant alien Reptoids from Draco that have infiltrated mankind and rule the earth it's Axolotls!

Old 15th November 2012   #19 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper408 View Post
stoopid politicians.

Old 15th November 2012   #20 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 12
Comments: 4
Rep: Morrison has given consistently good advice and informationMorrison has given consistently good advice and informationMorrison has given consistently good advice and information

It's axopoopl magic.
They look at you, without blinking and they go: >o_0< *feed me, love me face*
And you go like: awwww... And THEN....
"TAKE ALL MY MONEY! I'LL TAKE ALL THE AXOFLOOPLS!"

LinkBack