The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New recruit.

This is a discussion on New recruit. within the Axolotl General Discussion forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Well, I thought I would sign up and get discussin' I've found this forum very helpful with my two axies ...

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By toothgrinder14
  • 2 Post By scooty16

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: toothgrinder14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New recruit.

Well, I thought I would sign up and get discussin' I've found this forum very helpful with my two axies 'Grimlock' and 'Seath the Scaleless' settling into their new home on my computer desk.

Seath the white one is smaller than his big hombre' Grimlock (an olive one) thought I would chuck up a quick happy snap up of Seath creepin' on me whilst I play some Black Ops 2! The one of Grimlock is old, his white coating has disappeared since I was able to control the tempreture (using a simple fan for evaporative cooling) and they are two happy beasts.

I've gotten through many challenges thanks to this forum, tank cycling, keeping the correct temperature and feeding. Both my axies are lively when I come home from work, greeting me coming up to the front and smashing down Mealworms everynight like machines, up to 5 each. I've tried pellets and bloodworms but mealworms are easy to clean up, they wriggle if they fall to the bottom and my axies just can't get enough of them.

My short term success is a testament to a great community forum on these badass beasts so thank you all for your help! Can't wait to get massive tank and have 100000 of them!
Attached Thumbnails
New recruit.-550854_4690256181809_1072533871_n.jpg   New recruit.-534582_4648517098358_489920046_n.jpg  

toothgrinder14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: scooty16 has given good advice and informationscooty16 has given good advice and informationscooty16 has given good advice and information
Default Re: New recruit.

My goodness, what cute axolotls you have!

It is always nice to know that yet another person in the world has found this forum of great use! I have used it many times for when my poor beasties have become unwell, and in a fit of panic I always go 'caudata.org will be able to help!'.

Welcome to the forum. I hope we get to see many more pictures of your lovely axies! I agree, I would love to have a massive tank and have 10,000 of them! They are best creatures (apart from cats for me!) in the world.

I have 4 of them! Two girls, and two boys. Two wildtypes, and albino, and I'm just going to say a white one! (I can never spell the proper name for them!).

scooty16 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack