The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

HELP!!!!! Axolotl has something wrong with his gills!

This is a discussion on HELP!!!!! Axolotl has something wrong with his gills! within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Please help. My axolotl appears to have a part of his gill missing. It appears to have a white ball ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: thewookiemaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!!!! Axolotl has something wrong with his gills!

Please help. My axolotl appears to have a part of his gill missing. It appears to have a white ball on the end of it too. I just noticed it today at 4pm. This morning at 8am he was fine. I've tested the ammonia and PH levels of the water and they are fine. He doesn't seem to be acting differently or in pain, but I'm very worried. Someone please help. any and all advice would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
HELP!!!!! Axolotl has something wrong with his gills!-img_20151008_171537.jpg   HELP!!!!! Axolotl has something wrong with his gills!-img_20151008_171545.jpg   HELP!!!!! Axolotl has something wrong with his gills!-img_20151008_171745.jpg  

thewookiemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015   #2 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: HELP!!!!! Axolotl has something wrong with his gills!

That's fungus. Try this thread for how to deal with it.

Tags
gills, missing

LinkBack