The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Bloating axolotl

This is a discussion on Bloating axolotl within the Sick Axolotl? forums, part of the Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) category; Hello I'm hoping that people have come across this before and can help me with my problem before he gets ...

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: PlushieDisease is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Bloating axolotl

Hello I'm hoping that people have come across this before and can help me with my problem before he gets worse.

My axolotl was experiencing some weird stringy looking white stuff on his legs(reminds me of tree roots) and then bubbles showed up on his skin and for the last two weeks I've had him in a fridge I've started giving him salt water baths about 5 days ago, it seems to have helped a little but now he's starting to bloat. I have absolutely no idea what is going on. His tank mate showed no symptoms what so ever but he passed away unfortunately.
Attached Thumbnails
Bloating axolotl-img_20151109_225341.jpg   Bloating axolotl-img_20151109_225356.jpg   Bloating axolotl-img_20151109_225406.jpg  

PlushieDisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: AxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and information
Default Re: Bloating axolotl

Do you test your tanks water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and PH? How often did you give salt baths? And what guide did you use to perform these salt baths? We're the limbs damaged before the White stuff began appearing?

LinkBack